1. WHAT IS HACKYEAH?
It’s the biggest stationary hackathon in Europe! We’re gathering together stationary in Tauron Arena in Kraków to work on tasks from our Partners and to work on open tasks: CYBERSECURITY and HEALTH & WELL-BEING.
2. WHEN AND WHERE?
31 SEPTEMBER - 1 OCTOBER 2023!
Where? Same place, same great atmosphere! We are waiting for you in Tauron Arena, Kraków! It’s going to be awesome!
3. IS HACKYEAH FOR ME?
We believe HackYeah is for everyone.
The only thing you need to have is an eagerness to create and work on the solution. Obviously, you can be a programmer, UXer, graphic designer, business developer or so but YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE ONE! Everyone is welcome at HackYeah!
Not sure how to manage if you can’t code but want to take part in HackYeah? Check out the next question!
4. WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
HackYeah is open to everyone. Really.
- You don’t know anything about programming? Come on in!
- Are you a student? Join us!
- Are you an undergraduate? We’ll be glad to meet you.
- If you are a specialist in your branch — you have to be here.
- No matter if you’re an entry-level, a junior, mid, senior or an IT star. We invite all of you!
5. HOW TO PROCEED AT HACKYEAH?
- First read all the tasks. You can find them here.
- Read the rules of the tasks that you find interesting.
- If you have accepted all the rules and have registered on Eventory, then choose the task you want to work on and… start your work! You will claim the task you’ve picked up on the final step, while uploading your project.
- If you have trouble with figuring out what to do – just contact our mentors through our Discord channels and ask for advice! Don’t hesitate
- Once your project is done, upload it to the platform listed in the task rules.
- If you feel your project might win, work on a pitch presentation to present your idea to the jury. Not sure what you should include in the pitch presentation? Check it here.
- Wait for the announcements on our Facebook and Discord channels.
- Win eternal fame and a nice prize!
6. WHY SHOULD I CONSIDER HACKYEAH?
- The tasks during HackYeah will challenge you in every possible way, this is a great space for bonding and team development.
- We expect great experts from various fields to take part in our event. You’ll have a chance to meet IT specialists, GovTech gurus, CEOs of big companies and NGO professionals.
- HackYeah will be a perfect place for networking, no matter if you’re looking for a job, employee or partnership opportunity.
- The prizes are huge.
1. What types of ticket are there?
This year you can register for 39 PLN with a basic catering package (coffee break and pizza in the evening) or you can buy a ticket for 119 PLN with 3 hot meals included in the price. We want to make sure no food is wasted!
39 PLN of each total ticket price will be donated to Nauka. To lubię foundation
Tickets are available here.
1. HOW MANY PEOPLE SHOULD BE IN A TEAM?
The team should be 1 to 6 people, so you can go as a lone wolf or gather together with your friends!
You don’t need to register your team prior to the event unless specified otherwise in particular task’s terms.
2. WE HAVE A TEAM, WHAT NOW?
Read the requirements of the task you want to work on, if you agree with them, proceed. If you’re lost or not sure what to do, contact our mentors through our Discord channels and ask for advice!
Please remember, that all of the team members have to create their Discord accounts (Discord ID’s are required to upload the project to Challenge Rocket).
3. I DON’T HAVE A TEAM, WHAT NOW?
No problem with that! You can work alone but…
If you want to form a team there are two ways to find team members:
- register to our Discord where’s a special channel for attendees looking to join or form a new team
- talk to your friends or university buddies! Tell them about the cause, we’re sure they’ll join you!
If you’re impatient you can start looking for your teammates just now on HackYeah Discord and on the Challenge Rocket platform!
4. CAN I BE IN MORE THAN ONE TEAM?
Yes! Just make sure that your team leader mentioned you during uploading the project.
5. CAN I CHANGE MY TEAM DURING THE HACKATHON?
Sure, you can change your team as many times as you want. Just make sure to be a member of one when you upload the project, this is the final declaration of who is in your squad.
6. WILL I GET A PRIZE IF I’M IN TWO TEAMS AT THE SAME TIME AND WE WIN IN TWO CATEGORIES?
Yes, of course!
7. CAN I ADD NEW MEMBERS TO THE TEAM?
Yes! Your team leader adds the crew members during uploading the project – he just needs to type members’ data and Discord ID’s. Then, as long as the system is open and works, the team leader can edit your crew members, which means that he can also add a new member. Only team leaders can do this.
8. CAN I REMOVE SOMEONE FROM MY TEAM?
Yes! As long as the system is open and works, the team leader can edit your crew members, which means that he can also remove someone. Only team leaders can do this.
9. CAN I CHANGE THE NAME OF OUR TEAM?
Yes! Your team leader types the name of a team during uploading the project. Then, as long as the system is open and works, the team leader can edit the name of your team. Only team leaders can do this.
1. WHAT ARE THE TASKS?
There will be 2 open category of tasks:
- HEALTH & WELL-BEING
In this category, the direction in which you’ll go is completely up to you! We are not giving you much details on the tasks, you will need to decide how you understand and want to interpret it. The prize pool for each category is 10 000 PLN.
There are also Partner’s tasks.
They are unique, because our Partners came up with them. The details of each task will be described here. Before you start looking for solutions, please read carefully the terms of Partner’s Task (available on website). They all have special requirements and regulations so make sure to study them before starting. Double-check on hackyeah.pl where to upload the task (Challenge Rocket or other platform).
2. I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO WORK ON?
Feel free to talk to our mentors and partners on our Discord channels and ask them for advice. How about organizing a brainstorm with other HackYeah 2022 attendees?
3. HOW WILL THE JUDGES EVALUATE TASKS?
Each of the tasks will have separate rules regarding evaluation. All the details can be found in the description section of each task.
For the Main Tasks the judges will judge according to the following proportions:
- Idea — 30%
- Technical aspects — 30%
- Design — 20%
- Relation to category — 10%
- WOW! Factor — 10%
For the Partners’ tasks please read the terms available under each task description on the HackYeah website.
4. ARE THERE ANY PRIZES?
You can find the current prize pool one the HackYeah main page. Prizes within each tasks are listed in Tasks&Prizes section.
5. CAN MY TEAM DO MORE THAN ONE TASK?
Sure thing! There are no limits – your team can solve as many tasks as you wish. Remember - you can submit only one project in each category (task!)
6. CAN I SUBMIT ONE PROJECT TO MORE THAN ONE CATEGORY?
Each task has individual requirements and specifications, so it is really hard to create "one project to fit them all". Also, you have to remember about copyrights, as some tasks will require a transfer (for winners) and you cannot do it for two different tasks. So while technically possible, we strongly discourage submitting one project to more than one category.
7. WHERE DO I CLICK TO CHOOSE WHICH TASK WE ARE DOING?
You choose the task once submitting your project so you don’t have to click anywhere before. Once the project is ready, just go to the submission section and choose the category (task).
8. WE HAVE FINISHED, WHAT NOW?
Upload your project to the platform required for each task. The majority of the tasks should be uploaded to Challenge Rocket, however, each Partner might choose their own platform. Check the task descriptions to learn where to upload your project.
Please remember that you have to create your Discord account before uploading the project to Challenge Rocket (Discord ID’s are required).
- If you feel like your task might win, start thinking about your pitch presentation.
- Start another task! There is no limit on how many you can fulfill!
- You’re tired and don’t feel like doing anything? Chill a bit, visit partners booths, meet more people! This edition in Kraków will be awesome!
9. I’M NOT PROUD OF MY PROJECT, DO I HAVE TO UPLOAD IT?
No, if you don’t like what you came up with it is not mandatory to upload it. Yet we still encourage you to try as maybe the judges will see something in it that you don’t see!
10. WHO OWNS THE RIGHTS TO WHAT WE CREATE?
It depends on the task.
Some Partner Tasks might require you to transfer the rights after you accept the prize. To make sure what the regulations are in your task, check the rules of it. You will find a link with regulations next to the task description.
11. HOW CAN I UPLOAD MY FINISHED PROJECT?
You should upload it to the platform required by the terms of the task. Each of the Tasks may have different regulations, so check the rules in the task section on the website.
Please remember that you have to create your Discord account before uploading the project to Challenge Rocket (Discord ID is required).
12. WHAT IF I DON’T MAKE IT ON TIME TO UPLOAD THE PROJECT?
The deadline is the deadline. You cannot bend it and cannot break it so better make sure everything is ready a few minutes earlier so you don't miss it! You can upload a project that is not finished on ChallengeRocket earlier and keep changing it later — this way you won’t miss the deadline.
13. DO I NEED TO PRESENT MY IDEA?
If you make it to the Pitches, then yes. The jury chooses the best teams from each task and invites them to pitch their ideas one by one. Remember, only one member of the team will be presenting in front of the jury.
14. HOW DO I KNOW MY TEAM HAS BEEN CHOSEN AS A FINALIST TO PITCH?
UPLOADING THE SOLUTION
1. IS CHALLENGE ROCKET A PLATFORM TO SUBMIT PROJECTS IN ALL CATEGORIES?
In most cases - yes.
But please read rules of tasks that you are interested in because a task partner can choose another way to submit a project. Each of the Tasks may have different regulations, so check the rules in the task section on the website.
2. WHEN SHOULD I UPLOAD THE TASK?
The deadline passes at 12 PM on Sunday. Sharp! But… don’t leave it for the last moment, the platform is rock solid but imagine a lot of people will try to upload their solutions all at once… It might lead to an accidental DDOS attack.
Please remember, that you have to create your Discord account before uploading the project (Discord ID’s are required).
3. IN WHAT FORMAT SHOULD THE PRESENTATION BE PREPARED?
Prepare it in any program you want but please save it in the PDF format — not all judges will have PowerPoint, keynote or whatever you use and all of them will be able to see the PDF file.
4. HOW TO DO THE PRESENTATION OF THE PROJECT?
Make it a short PDF file, it can be done in PowerPoint, keynote or anything else. Make sure to use any mock-ups, screenshots you have, describe your idea briefly but with all the details you believe are important, let it be an online pitch of your project.
5. WHAT TO PUT INTO THE PROJECT DESCRIPTION?
It should be a short description (more of 3 paragraphs than 3 pages). Tell the judges what is the problem you are solving, how you want to solve it, how the project is supposed to work, don’t tell them the story of the world cause they won’t have time to read it all.
6. HOW LONG SHOULD BE THE PROJECT DESCRIPTION?
It should be rather short (let’s say 3 paragraphs max). Remember that the judges have to evaluate plenty of projects, so they don’t have the time to read your 5-page essay 😉
7. IN WHAT LANGUAGE SHOULD I DESCRIBE THE PROJECT?
Do it in English, please! Some of the judges do not speak Polish, so they won’t be able to evaluate your project if you do it in Polish, unless the task partner prefers Polish – see task subpage.
8. HOW SHOULD I UPLOAD THE SOURCE CODE OF THE PROJECT?
Please put it all in one repository that can be checked out online (GitHub, Bitbucket, Gitlab, etc), if your code consists of few modules (API, web, mobile) you can place them in separate folders.
Please make sure that you allow Judges the access to the repository. Your repository settings should allow us to review the content
9. WHAT TO ADD FOR MY PROJECT TO LOOK GOOD?
Add anything you have, mock-ups, simulations, sketches, prototypes, screenshots, let the jury see the full picture of your project.
10. IF YOU HAVE A DEMO…
Please remember to upload it with an example passed because the judges have to have access to it.
11. HOW TO REGISTER TO CHALLENGE ROCKET?
- Register to the platform
- Register to our hackathon — HackYeah 2023
- Remember, only the team leader (a person who will upload your project) needs to register to Challenge Rocket.
12. HOW TO ADD A PROJECT TO CHALLENGE ROCKET IN THREE STEPS?
- ONE person from your team sets up an account on challengerocket.pl and joins HackYeah
- When adding a project, select the "Submit project as individual" option
- In the "Project description" field, enter the names and surnames of the team members.
13. WHAT NEEDS TO BE UPLOADED TO CHALLENGE ROCKET?
Important! Only the team leader can edit the project submission. We strongly recommend all teams uploading to Challenge Rocket to follow the instructions.
Choose the category (task) you want your project to be uploaded to
Important! One project can be submitted to only one task. If you’re working on different projects and will be uploading two different solutions, you have to choose the appropriate category (task) for each solution.
Title of the project [MANDATORY]:
In English. No longer than 5 words.
Submit project as [MANDATORY]
Choose “Individual” option. In the next step you’ll provide us with all team members data.
The name of your team [MANDATORY]:
Name of the team
In this field, enter the names and surnames of the team members and your project description (in English, no more than 500 words)
Files and external links
Image gallery [MANDATORY]:
You can upload screenshots, prototype interface, etc. You have to upload at least one image to submit project
In English. In PDF or PDF + PPTX (Power Point). No more than 10 slides.
Video URL [OPTIONAL]:
Either video of your project or team member explaining the project. No longer than 60 seconds. In English.
Demo Link [OPTIONAL]:
Make sure to provide login information
Repository URL [OPTIONAL]:
Everything in one repository (if your project has different modules please put them in separate folders). Available to view online.
But please read rules of tasks that you are interested in because a task partner can require some things mentioned above (e.g. optional repository url) as mandatory. The more items you submit, the better the jury will understand your solution.
14. I NEED HELP WITH CHALLENGE ROCKET!
Don’t hesitate to ask questions to organizers on our Discord channels. This is a space, where we come with all answers about Challenge Rocket. We will help you with pleasure 🙂
1. I WILL BE LATE, CAN I JOIN THE EVENT AFTER THE CODING STARTS?
Yes! The registration will be open all the time so you can register online and join us even in the middle of the night!
2. NIE MÓWIĘ PO ANGIELSKU, CZY MOGĘ WZIĄĆ UDZIAŁ?
Jasne! Organizatorzy wydarzenia i uczestnicy będą komunikować się także po polsku, więc nie musisz się martwić.
Pamiętaj tylko, że prezentacja Twojego projektu w niektórych wyzwaniach musi być wygłoszona po angielsku. Upewnij się zatem, że jeżeli wymaga tego wyzwanie, chociaż jeden członek Twojego zespołu mówi po angielsku!
If you have any more questions feel free to contact us on Facebook, Twitter, DISCORD or email a proper staff member from the contact section on our website!