It’s the biggest stationary hackathon in Europe! We’re gathering together stationary in
Tauron Arena in Kraków to work on tasks from our Partners and also to find a
complex solution on how to radically slash the waste output and start following the
zero waste rules.
19 - 20 NOVEMBER 2022! Where?
Finally we can meet face to face! Get a ticket and pack your backpack! We are waiting for you in Tauron Arena, Kraków! It’s going to be awesome!
We believe HackYeah is for everyone.
The only thing you need to have is an eagerness to create and work on the solution. Obviously, you can be a programmer, UXer, graphic designer, business developer or so but YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE ONE! Everyone is welcome at HackYeah!
Not sure how to manage if you can’t code but want to take part in HackYeah? Check out the next question!
HackYeah is open to everyone. Really.
- You don’t know anything about programming? Come on in!
- Are you a student? Join us!
- Are you an undergraduate? We’ll be glad to meet you.
- If you are a specialist in your branch — you have to be here.
- No matter if you’re an entry-level, a junior, mid, senior or an IT star. We invite all of you!
- First read all the tasks. You can find them here.
- Read the rules of the tasks that you find interesting.
- If you have accepted all the rules and have registered on Eventory, then choose the task you want to work on and… start your work! You will claim the task you’ve picked up on the final step, while uploading your project.https://hackyeah.pl/tasks-prizes/#tasks
- If you have trouble with figuring out what to do – just contact our mentors through our Discord channels and ask for advice! Don’t hesitate 🙂
- Once your project is done, upload it to the platform listed in the task rules.
- If you feel your project might win, work on a pitch presentation to present your idea to the jury. Not sure what you should include in the pitch presentation? Check it here.
- Wait for the announcements on our Facebook and Discord channels.
- Win eternal fame and a nice prize!
- The tasks during HackYeah will challenge you in every possible way, this is a great space for bonding and team development.
- We expect great experts from various fields to take part in our event. You’ll have a chance to meet IT specialists, GovTech gurus, CEOs of big companies and NGO professionals.
- HackYeah will be a perfect place for networking, no matter if you’re looking for a job, employee or partnership opportunity. Our Discord channels rulez plus you can meet everyone face to face this year!
- The prizes are huge.
This year you can register for free with a basic catering package (coffee break and pizza in the evening) or you can buy a ticket with 3 hot meals included in the price. We want to make sure no food is wasted! Tickets are available here:
The team should be 1 to 6 people, so you can go as a lone wolf or gather together with your friends!
You don’t need to register your team prior to the event unless specified otherwise in particular task’s terms.
Read the requirements of the task you want to work on, if you agree with them, proceed. If you’re lost or not sure what to do, contact our mentors through our Discord channels and ask for advice!
No problem with that! You can work alone but…
If you want to form a team there are two ways to find team members:
- register to our Discord where’s a special channel for attendees looking to join or form a new team
- talk to your friends or university buddies! Tell them about the cause, we’re sure they’ll join you!
Yes! Just make sure that your team leader mentioned you during uploading the project.
Sure, you can change your team as many times as you want. Just make sure to be a member of one when you upload the project, this is the final declaration of who is in your squad.
Yes! No problem with that! We do not verify your team until you upload the project, it is totally up to you in how many teams you’ll be a part of.
There will be 1 open category of tasks:
- ZERO WASTE
In this category, the direction in which you’ll go is completely up to you! We are not giving you much details on the tasks, you will need to decide how you understand and want to interpret it. The prize pool of this category is 20 000 PLN.
There are also Partner’s tasks at this edition:
They are unique, because our Partners came up with them. The details of each task will be described here. Before you start looking for solutions, please read carefully the terms of Partner’s Task (available on website). They all have special requirements and regulations so make sure to study them before starting. Double-check on hackyeah.pl where to upload the task (Challenge Rocket or other platform).
Feel free to talk to our mentors and partners on our Discord channels and ask them for advice. How about organizing a brainstorm with other HackYeah 2022 attendees?
Each of the tasks will have separate rules regarding evaluation. All the details can be found in the description section of each task.
For the Main Tasks the judges will judge according to the following proportions:
- Idea — 30%
- Technical aspects — 30%
- Design — 20%
- Relation to category — 10%
- WOW! Factor — 10%
For the Partners’ tasks please read the terms available under each task description on the HackYeah website.
The current pool of prizes is at 250 000 PLN and it’s growing!
More tasks and prizes will be announced in the upcoming days!
Upload your project to the platform required for each task. The majority of the tasks should be uploaded to Challenge Rocket, however, each Partner might choose their own platform. Check the task descriptions to learn where to upload your project.
- If you feel like your task might win, start thinking about your pitch presentation.
- Start another task! There is no limit on how many you can fulfill!
You’re tired and don’t feel like doing anything? Chill a bit, visit partners booths, meet more people! This edition in Kraków will be awesome!
No, if you don’t like what you came up with it is not mandatory to upload it. Yet we still encourage you to try as maybe the judges will see something in it that you don’t see!
It depends on the task.
Some Partner Tasks might require you to transfer the rights after you accept the prize. To make sure what the regulations are in your task, check the rules of it. You will find a link with regulations next to the task description.
You should upload it to the platform required by the terms of the task. Each of the Tasks may have different regulations, so check the rules in the task section on the website.
Sure, do as many as you can! There are no limits to that!
The deadline is the deadline. You cannot bend it and cannot break it so better make sure everything is ready a few minutes earlier so you don't miss it! You can upload a project that is not finished on ChallengeRocket earlier and keep changing it later — this way you won’t miss the deadline.
If you make it to the Pitches, then yes. The jury chooses the best teams from each task and invites them to pitch their ideas one by one. Remember, only one member of the team will be presenting in front of the jury.
Yes! The registration will be open all the time so you can register online and join us even in the middle of the night!
Jasne! Organizatorzy wydarzenia i uczestnicy będą komunikować się także po polsku, więc nie musisz się martwić.
Pamiętaj tylko, że prezentacja Twojego projektu musi być wygłoszona po angielsku. Upewnij się zatem, że jeden członek Twojego zespołu mówi po angielsku!
CHALLENGEROCKET — Platform TO UPLOAD THE TASKS
Yes! As long as the system is open and works, the team leader can edit your crew members – which means that you can change the crew even after uploading your project. Only team leaders can do this.
Yes! Your team leader adds the crew members during uploading the project – he just needs to type members’ data and Discord ID’s. Then, as long as the system is open and works, the team leader can edit your crew members, which means that he can also add a new member. Only team leaders can do this.
Yes! As long as the system is open and works, the team leader can edit your crew members, which means that he can also remove someone. Only team leaders can do this.
Yes! Your team leader adds the crew members during uploading the project - just make sure that your team leader typed your data and Discord ID.
Yes! Your team leader types the name of a team during uploading the project. Then, as long as the system is open and works, the team leader can edit the name of your team. Only team leaders can do this.
UPLOADING THE SOLUTION
The deadline passes at 10 AM on Sunday. Sharp! But… don’t leave it for the last moment, the platform is rock solid but imagine a lot of people will try to upload their solutions all at once… It might lead to an accidental DDOS attack.
Please remember, that you have to create your Discord account before uploading the project (Discord ID’s are required).
Prepare it in any program you want but please save it in the PDF format — not all judges will have PowerPoint, keynote or whatever you use and all of them will be able to see the PDF file.
Make it a short PDF file, it can be done in PowerPoint, keynote or anything else. Make sure to use any mock-ups, screenshots you have, describe your idea briefly but with all the details you believe are important, let it be an online pitch of your project.
It should be a short description (more of 3 paragraphs than 3 pages). Tell the judges what is the problem you are solving, how you want to solve it, how the project is supposed to work, don’t tell them the story of the world cause they won’t have time to read it all.
It should be rather short (let’s say 3 paragraphs max). Remember that the judges have to evaluate plenty of projects, so they don’t have the time to read your 5-page essay 😉
Do it in English, please! Some of the judges do not speak Polish, so they won’t be able to evaluate your project if you do it in Polish, unless the task partner prefers Polish – see task subpage.
Please put it all in one repository that can be checked out online (GitHub, Bitbucket, Gitlab, etc), if your code consists of few modules (API, web, mobile) you can place them in separate folders.
Please make sure that you allow Judges the access to the repository. Your repository settings should allow us to review the content
Don’t make it too long. 3 minutes is a maximum of how much a judge can spend on watching it. Make it an awesome ad for your project, not a story of the universe (not that the history of the universe is not interesting… it’s just that the judges didn’t come here to hear it ;))
Add anything you have, mock-ups, simulations, sketches, prototypes, screenshots, let the jury see the full picture of your project.
Please remember to upload it with an example passed because the judges have to have access to it.
Important! Only the team leader can edit the project submission. We strongly recommend all teams uploading to Challenge Rocket to follow the instructions.
Project title [MANDATORY]:
- In English
- No longer than 5 words
Team Name [MANDATORY]:
- Name of the team
Members ID/NICK from Discord [MANDATORY]:
- Type the ID/NICK of every team member into text field
Select a category (task) [MANDATORY]:
- Choose the task you want your project to be uploaded to
- Important! One project can be submitted to only one task. If you’re working on different projects and will be uploading two different solutions, you have to choose the appropriate category (task) for each solution.
Project description [MANDATORY]:
- In English
- No more than 500 words
Image gallery [MANDATORY]:
- You can upload screenshots, prototype interface, etc. You have to upload at least one image to submit project
Video URL [OPTIONAL]:
- Either video of your project or team member explaining the project
- No longer than 60 seconds
- In English
- In English
- In PDF / PPTX (Power Point) only
- No more than 10 slides
Demo Link [OPTIONAL]:
- Make sure to provide login information
Repository URL [OPTIONAL]:
- Everything in one repository (if your project has different modules please put them in separate folders)
- Available to view online
But please read rules of tasks that are interesting You because a task partner can require some things mentioned above (e.g. optional repository url) as mandatory. The more items you submit, the better the jury will understand your solution.
CHOOSING THE TASKS
Yes! There are no limits – you can solve as many tasks as you wish. Remember to submit different solutions in each category (task).
Sure thing! There are no limits – your team can solve as many tasks as you wish. Remember to submit different solutions in each category (task). Remember - you can submit only one project in each category (task!)
You choose the task once submitting your project so you don’t have to click anywhere before. Once the project is ready, just go to the submission section and choose the category (task).